The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put new QAD drop away rest on my bow. I used bow square on string to rest. Alignment gauge on rest for centershot. I now noticed if u hold the bow out in front of you, line the string down the arrow shaft, the end of the sight pins are just left of string. It's hard to explain, but some of you might know what I mean. Shouldn't the string, arrow shaft, and sights all line up if you hold the bow with your arm extended out. Never really ran into this issue before. Thanks for reading...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stuffer. Some will line up, but most will not. You would think that they should, however bow torque at full draw is when everything lines up, not at brace.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Most will line up with the left edge of the string for a right hand shooter. This is due to riser torque from the cables. A shoot thru riser with split cables(no cable guard) will generally be lined up.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
First thing when installing a new rest or setting up a bow is to achieve good arrow flight first and the sight does not need to be on the bow at first. To set up a QAD rest first in the down position it should be about .010 from contacting the bow shelf, you don't want the rest to slam hard onto the shelf with the shot. In the up position the arrow should be close to centered with the Berger button hole. I would then set the string nock point or string loop so the arrow is level, I would eyeball it level. For centershot I would use the bow manufacturers specs for centershot from the riser as a starting point. If no specs to go by take a straight edge or ruler and hold on outside of riser where rest is attached and measure from ruler to string and than make from ruler to center of arrow the same measurement. This will give you a good starting point. Next you will need to paper tune to tweet things in closer. Next I would sight the bow in once you have good arrow flight and you could walk back tune at that point to check your centershot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts