The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Horton changed ownership lately?

Have they changed their warranty policy?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
They changed hands back around July of 2009.
I'm not aware of any warranty changes.
Need help with something? If I have the details, I may be able to help.

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

A friend just called me and asked if I knew anything about them changing their warranty policy. I had no idea so I posted the question here.

He has a friend who had a Horton crossbow with a lifetime warranty. He had a problem and returned it. They sent him a new crossbow (which he does not like) and told him the new bow would be warranted for only 3 years. Now my friend is worried about having any future problems with his Horton being handled under warranty.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I wish he could have talked with me first. I just fixed one of the lifetime warrany bows for a customer.
I don't know what is going on at Horton, but it seems to me that this is just wrong. At a minimum, the new one SHOULD have the lifetime warranty too, just like the old one. It just seems like the right thing for them to do.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
It should continue with a lifetime warranty.However they are trying to limit future liabilties as to warranty costs.Too bad because it will cost them more in lost revenues.If true I wouldn't touch a Horton with a 10 ft pole.Just proves there is no real lifetime warranty.If a company changes hands or replaces the existing product they can change the rules.Just like Snap On Tools.Lifetime warranty if a dealer stops in your shop.If not you ship them to Snap On at your expense.Over $50K in tools and I have to pay to ship for a warranty claim.Wasn't the deal they made back then when they took my money.My house didn't cost that much back in 1989.

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arrowhead said:
At a minimum, the new one SHOULD have the lifetime warranty too, just like the old one. It just seems like the right thing for them to do.
I agree. I'll let my buddy know what you said.

Thanks

Dog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts