The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I know I dont post here much but I have pond with a bunch of rats in it they built a hut and have holes dug in the bank my question is I cant find any entrance ways into the hut and the holes they have dug are too deep for my glove to reach down in i set them but I cant see the trap cause its that deep what do you guys suggest? A floating rig baited with apples and scent? thanks for the replys in advance

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Apples and scent along the pond banks in shallow water. Use foothold traps and rig for drowning.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lackawanna fox I actually just made something up like that at work tonite to help me put them down in thanks for the site tho and cs2074 thats what there doing to my pond

·
Registered
92 Posts
If I am sure or not I think there are limits as to the trap placement. Apples are good or OK. Set the banks with conis or foots. If your pond freezes up follow the bubbles. All hole bank sets will connect sooner or later.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you can see the hole, but can't reach them, simply get yourself a long stake, 6 feet long if you need to, run it through your coni spring and wire the spring to the stake. Run you chain up the and wire it tight too. Bend your trap spring so the trap jaws are parallel to the stake. Now, you have several feet of reach, and can place the coni in any hole you can see, and you don't need to spend anything on stabilizers, or even get your hands wet placing traps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts