The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-im buying a used04 honda 4x4 rancher . the owner is the second owner and has no title . he bought it in north jeresy and lives in pa. he has original bill of sale . what do i need to get it properally registered and titled? . he has offerd tobring it to me

· Registered
237 Posts
you should be OK with that, I bought a used atv off of craigslist that had a bill of sale from West Virginia, and I now have a PA title for it and it's registered and insured. Any atv dealer or title place should be able to do the transfer for you.

· Registered
1,418 Posts
All you need is a bill of sale from the present owner.
You will need a digital picture (or carbon rubbing) of the vin#
The DCNR atv registration division will be able to tell you if it was ever titled in Pa...if it was....they will have to do a title contact (contact the original title holder to see if it was stolen or what) if there was never a title...you just need your bill of sale, the picture, the title/registration application, and proof of sales tax paid (or pay it when i gets titled)

Its actually really easy, as I have titled a few that previously had no title or the owners never transferred them

· Registered
182 Posts
What if you don't have a bill of sale, bought my quad form a buddy, he since moved out of the area. He was looking for the title before he moved but never got around to it. Hard to get a hold of him and still looking for it 2 yrs later. What can I do to get it titled and reg. Thanks John

· Registered
1,418 Posts
If you call the number John B gave you they will do the title search...if it was titled, they will send a certified letter to the last known owner from the title....if that person doesnt respond..they will issue a new title in your name after you pay taxes and fees.
I would atleast try and have your buddy give you a bill of sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.