The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-im buying a used04 honda 4x4 rancher . the owner is the second owner and has no title . he bought it in north jeresy and lives in pa. he has original bill of sale . what do i need to get it properally registered and titled? . he has offerd tobring it to me

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
you should be OK with that, I bought a used atv off of craigslist that had a bill of sale from West Virginia, and I now have a PA title for it and it's registered and insured. Any atv dealer or title place should be able to do the transfer for you.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
All you need is a bill of sale from the present owner.
You will need a digital picture (or carbon rubbing) of the vin#
The DCNR atv registration division will be able to tell you if it was ever titled in Pa...if it was....they will have to do a title contact (contact the original title holder to see if it was stolen or what) if there was never a title...you just need your bill of sale, the picture, the title/registration application, and proof of sales tax paid (or pay it when i gets titled)

Its actually really easy, as I have titled a few that previously had no title or the owners never transferred them

·
Registered
420 Posts
What if you don't have a bill of sale, bought my quad form a buddy, he since moved out of the area. He was looking for the title before he moved but never got around to it. Hard to get a hold of him and still looking for it 2 yrs later. What can I do to get it titled and reg. Thanks John

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Bearbuster call the dcnr at 1-866-545-2476 and you need the 17 digit vin number and they will check if it was ever titled before and they will tell you what you need to do to get a title good luck John

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks John B. I'll give it a shot. Worst case I'll start leaving messages with the buddy to start looking again.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
If you call the number John B gave you they will do the title search...if it was titled, they will send a certified letter to the last known owner from the title....if that person doesnt respond..they will issue a new title in your name after you pay taxes and fees.
I would atleast try and have your buddy give you a bill of sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts