The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TC Renegade 50 cal. I never really messed with it much, with the wealthy of information now available on the internet and with a renewed interest, I am going to start shooting it, and plan to hunt with it next year. My question is sights. It has the general Iron sights on it. would I see much improvement in accuracy with a rear peep sight or a front target/peep sight? and what is reccomended for the other, for a rear peep sight what does one use for a front sight and with a front target style sight do you still use a rear bukhorn style sight?
The only thing I shoot with open sight is my bow, so this open sight thing is new to me, all my guns either has a scope or a bead on the the front.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
It's all a matter of preference. With practice you should be able to hit a 3" Bullseye consistently with the stock sights at 50,75yds or even 100yds.

The Renegade I bought from the T/C Custom shop, had the Hawken type sights, tapered front blade with a dot on top and a V notch adjustable rear sight.

I prefer this sight to the one on my stock Renegade, which has a straight blade front sight about 1/16"wide and Square Notch adjustable rear sight.

I have a peep sight on my .35 Remington, Marlin 336
but prefer the standard sights on my muzzleloaders.

If you have problems seeing the front sight blade on any of the above sights, Williams makes a fiber-optic fire sight that can be fit to the Renegade. Part # 66657 at .500 high. If you have the square notch rear you'll probably want to change to a v-notch as the fire sight is a bead on post. The fire-sight also works well with a peep.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I put a peep sight on my TC Hawken last year and it made all the difference in the world for me. All my rifles are scoped and the peep acts as a non-magnifying scope IMO. I shot good groups and killed the only deer I shot at with it.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
richdeerht said:
I've had good results with fiber optics.
Me too. The front T/C FO is much thinner than the stock Renegade while the rear is close to the same 'cept for those two green dots glowing on each side. Much better than painting that old slab of iron that came on the gun.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Bringing back an old post here..... I too am not a fan of the blocky sights on my renegade. Can anyone provide a link to where I can purchase the hawken style sights? Bead on a post for the front and a notched v in the rear? I've hunted around online but have not come up with much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts