The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have luck with these on logging roads deep in the woods for coyote? Do you like to place traps in the set parallel or adjacent to the direction of the road?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Surprised the more experienced coyote guys have not responded to this yet.

I think you'll find no luck in a hayset for Coyotes in the deep woods. They're a little more paranoid and untrusting. They don't have as many encounters with people and hay would be suspect to them.

The Hillbilly Coyote is tougher to snag than a farm Coyote in my opinion!

I have wondered though, if it would work to leave a bale sit for a few months out there!?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on running a pretty decent sized line here in a few weeks in Bedford co. and am trying to get some ideas to play with. Have you tried the pile of leaves like a hay set?

·
Registered
999 Posts
No I haven't(No trees out here, just grass and sage).
But it should work on the same principle

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
i set one road today.i just follow the road and tracks and let the k-9's tell me where to set.i put in alot of pee post sets,they pee,i put a mb550 for their next visit.i'll make a fake post set also,i like using a blackend piece of firewood.something that stands out against the snow.

i'll also narrow the trail to one lane and set a cable on it.these are logging trails on private land,so i can do pretty much as i want.cables can also be set in your footprints or 4 wheeler tracks,its easier for them to walk in your trail than blaze a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts