The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Surprised the more experienced coyote guys have not responded to this yet.

I think you'll find no luck in a hayset for Coyotes in the deep woods. They're a little more paranoid and untrusting. They don't have as many encounters with people and hay would be suspect to them.

The Hillbilly Coyote is tougher to snag than a farm Coyote in my opinion!

I have wondered though, if it would work to leave a bale sit for a few months out there!?!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
i set one road today.i just follow the road and tracks and let the k-9's tell me where to set.i put in alot of pee post sets,they pee,i put a mb550 for their next visit.i'll make a fake post set also,i like using a blackend piece of firewood.something that stands out against the snow.

i'll also narrow the trail to one lane and set a cable on it.these are logging trails on private land,so i can do pretty much as i want.cables can also be set in your footprints or 4 wheeler tracks,its easier for them to walk in your trail than blaze a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.