The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son and daughter will be hunting for the first time this year. Do I need to send in antlerless applications for them both?

I can not find anything in the book about mentor youth applications over age 7.

I know if they are under age 7 I can transfer one of my antlerless tag to the youngster but nothing on age 8-11.

Any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
You cannot get an antlerless license for MY. You must transfer your doe tag to them...only one per license year(any mentor can transfer their doe tag to any youth they're mentoring).

Doe tags are only available to licensed hunters....mentored youth are not 'licensed' rather they are 'permitted' under the regulations. That's why you can't get them a doe tag.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Let me clarify that: If you get two doe tags you can transfer one to each of your kids. You cannot transfer both to one mentored youth. And you cannot take them both hunting at the same time....only one-on-one.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
<span style="font-style: italic">(g) Transfer of an antlerless license. Notwithstanding the prohibitions in section 2711(a)(3) and (5) of the act (relating to unlawful acts concerning licenses), mentors are authorized to transfer antlerless licenses issued to them to an eligible mentored youth or mentored adult. The antlerless license shall be valid and in the possession of the mentor at all times while hunting antlerless deer. The transfer of the antlerless license may not occur until after the mentored youth or mentored adult has harvested the antlerless deer, but before tagging the carcass. A mentored youth or mentored adult may receive by transfer no more than one antlerless deer license each license year. <span style="font-weight: bold">Mentored youth and mentored adults are ineligible to make direct application for an antlerless license. </span> </span>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.