The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of posting my Lyman Deerstalker 50 cal. flintlock for sale. About 30 rounds through it, and about two years old. Added fiber optic sights to it. It is in excellent condition. Does $300 sound like a fair price? Also, anyone have any experience or comments with the Lyman Great Plains Hunter?
Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
bought one 3 years ago made in 2001 for $175 from the local paper... not sure if it helps, but just lettin ya know...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
right now it would try that price, but don't expect too many buyers. Most people are looking for them later on into the year. My opinion

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I did read on the Lyman site that the new Deerstalker will come with fiber optic sights.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the responses. Regarding DNR Sports posted cost of $330, I called them and was told they don't have any on stock, but the price would be "about $400".

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
David Wilson said:
Thanks for the responses. Regarding DNR Sports posted cost of $330, I called them and was told they don't have any on stock, but the price would be "about $400".
400=Ouch!! Production gun prices are getting out of control.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
I called them last week and not only did they have them in stock(a 50 cal right handed Deerstalker).But they were only $330+$15 for shipping.That is a f/lock and not a percussion.50-54 and right or left handed they were all the same price.I smell a rat.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
$300 sounds like a fair price.As far as the Great Plains Hunter,it will be very accurate BUT with conicals.It has around a 1:28 twist and shallow rifling to stabilize the conical.
The Great Plains Rifle would be for round balls with a 1:60 twist and deep rifling.

Keep an eye on Lymans web page under "Specials".They sell cosmetic defective ones cheaper.They only post them when they make a run at the factory.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
good ole boy is right... D&R has them for 330.

However, I still think the 300 asking price for the OP's gun is a good place to start.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
protriple said:
I bought a LH deer stalker for $285 brand new
7 years ago I got one for my buddy at that price new as well----times have changed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts