The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,850 Posts
On my T/C`s I just use a Wedge Pin Puller/Put 'er Inner all in one tool that T/C makes/made. One end is hooked for pulling, the other flat and square for tapping back in. But you can use a hammer and just hit them lightly. Maybe a peice if soft wood between the wedge and hammer.

·
Registered
12,850 Posts
I forgot to mention, that same tool with screw and unscrew a percusion nipple.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
On my Firestorm,I put a cloth over it and tap lightly with my pliers till the head is stickin out.Then flip it over and recover the wedge oin head then pull it out with my pliers.Then reverse to reinstall.No marks or mars when using a cloth.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll probably go with the cloth or leather method for now and buy a tool later as I see myself taking off the barrel to clean it regularly. thanks to all who replied.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
good ole boy said:
On my Firestorm,I put a cloth over it and tap lightly with my pliers till the head is stickin out.Then flip it over and recover the wedge oin head then pull it out with my pliers.Then reverse to reinstall.No marks or mars when using a cloth.
That's what I do except I carry a small multi tool with pliers in the bag that can cover a variety of uses. just use cleaning patch for the cloth

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Push the brrel down into the stock a little... that will free the wedge. Alot of FL barrels have tight wedges and this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts