The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the pa fish commisson maps for potter county.And there are streams on there marked as approved stocked trout streams and then I go over to the trout stocking schedules and some of those streams are not on there.My question is does those streams get stocked by local clubs or if there on the map they are approved to be stocked but just aren't because of limited amount of fish or not as a "big name" stream? Thanks for any help just looking to take my 8 yr old out and tryin to find a more out of the way stream north of 6 for him to fish with out tons of pressure.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I noticed a couple in western pa that were not on the list this year. I've heard that they will no longer be stocked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
jakesroost said:
I was looking at the pa fish commisson maps for potter county.And there are streams on there marked as approved stocked trout streams and then I go over to the trout stocking schedules and some of those streams are not on there..

What streams are you referring to? What are their names?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it would be the west branch of the genesse its along cobb hill rd the fish commission map shows it as a stocked stream but then if you go to the stocking schedule and look at the gps cords for the west branch of the gennese it shows the stocking of it but a lot more north of there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
it does not get stocked upstream of rose lake run. the section you are mentioning along cob hill road is a class a stream and does not get stocked and consists of 80 percent posted property.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts