The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mapping out our winter vacation next year and plotting which game we might concentrate on (if we get up the gumption to actually hunt by then - relative newbies here so we're looking ahead to 2013/14). My husband has off the week in between Christmas and New Year's normally (his workplace closes completely) so this is our best bet for taking our time with some hunting. The way I read the current hunting regulations, for this year this particular week falls in flintlock and archery season for deer in 2B, 5C and 5D (we're near 5C and 5D). But then there is another line that states:

<span style="font-style: italic">DEER, ANTLERED OR ANTLERLESS FLINTLOCK (WMUs 2B, 5C, 5D): Dec. 26-Jan. 26. One antlered deer per hunting license year, or one antlerless deer and an additional antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

<span style="font-weight: bold">DEER, Antlerless (WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D): Dec. 26-Jan. 26. An antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.</span> </span>

Does the second statement for antlerless deer mean that regular firearms are legal, too, during the flintlock/archery season in these WMU's? That would be shotgun here.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
WestPhillyFam,
Your shotgun would be legal for the extended Antlerless season in 5C but you might want to check regs for SOME of the Public land. White Clay Creek Preserve inSouthern Chester county is muzzle loader and archery ONLY. It is a great area for a Flinter or an Inline. I will use a Flinter there so I can take one of those 10 pts I see when I am fishing or walking my HUNTING PUG!!
Smage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts