The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my quest for another bow, I'm really getting an education. I'm looking for a new hunting bow. Up until now all the bows I've purchased have been 60-70 lb bows.I always shot about 63 lbs for a hunting bow. I've noticed recently, especially in cold weather, pulling a 63 lb bow back on a buck isn't as easy as it used to be. I've been told by several people that shooting a bow at its peak weight is better than shooting it at a lower weight. Can somebody explain if that's true and if so, why?

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JD3 said:
With my bow which has 50-60 lb limbs on it if I turn my limbs in all the way the bow actually goes to 62lbs so you may find that with some bows you can get more draw weight than what it is said to peak at.
That was also the case with the Mathews Z7 that I shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.