The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone shoot a quest bow? I have been looking at the Smoke and may sell my Tribute. I like my Tribute but it is time for a change. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My first bow was a 60# Quest QS 31 that I got before they even had a manual.

Pros:
THE Smooothest Bow Ive ever drawn
Fits my hand really well (there bow grip is wider so its easier to stabilize the bow)
They can take a beating

CONS:
There not extremely fast (Im speaking for the later models...the newer models im sure is faster)
THEY ARE MADE PRIMARILY FOR HUNTING....if your looking for a target bow, these bows aren't it

Hope this helped

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have shot the Primal and it is a sweet bow, I have been looking at the Heat but have yet to put my hands on one.

Cabelas should have the full line at the end of this month (so they say) as of now they only have the Primal.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I was a Fan of the ross bows and they are cut from the same mold The smoke is a good bow for the $ I think IMO the smoke draws smoother than the heat but the both are quiet and good bows

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I went and shot a few of the Quest bows and several other brands and decided on the Smoke.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what did you get your for?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I seen in the Gander Mountain advertisment that they are now carrying the Primal. Im quess Gander Mountain is going to start carrying the Quest line of bows?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year Tribute do you have? If it has the Binary cams, I am honestly not sure if the Quest Smoke will be an upgrade. Going to the Primal, may be, but in all honesty, I don't think the Smoke would be.

Don't get me wrong, Quest is making a great line of bows! It just the Bowtech Tribute with Binary Cams is a better performing bow (in my opinion of course).

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that the Quest wasnt and upgrade to the Tribute. The Tribute was one of the best shooting bows I ever had. I wanted to get a new bow that was only 60# and after shooting some bows, I felt the Smoke was the best bow for the money I wanted to spend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts