The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
At least you got them in English. I tried before and couldn't get the site in anything but French.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks bt,

Just sent your link to the group that is bear hunting this spring in Quebec with us.

Believe it or not ... I was issued a fine in Quebec once. I was skinning a bear that I had killed the day before and took the tag out of the nose so that I could slip the cape over its head just as the officer showed up. He fined me for not having the bear properly tagged ! He spoke French and I spoke english and we were a world appart. My buddies actually have photos of the "situation" as we call it today. Things eventually got straightened out but remember ... you are in a different country ... there is not a local magistrate down the road to help out.....

Timber

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I hunted Quebec last Oct. for moose, no kill but had a great time and I did not have any problems on getting information in English.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
one time up in quebec we were coming back to camp 2 game wardens or mounties or whatever they were spoke little english to us anyway road blocked us they were hideing in woods. ripped everything out of truck searched everything. they were looking for bass fish. they wearn't in season and i guess because we fished when not hunting thought we kept them. dumb. later we had good laugh but those ol boys were dead serious. one of our guys passed french in high school so he kept us informed ...later

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The old guys I travel with tell about stopping for breakfast, all of them ordered eggs. They could see the short order cook throwing hamburgers onthe grill, and thought it was sort of early for someone to eat that many burgers. They changed their minds once the burgers showed up at the table, must be the wait staff thought all americans ate burgers for breakfast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts