The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently aquired a QAD Hunter drop-away. No matter what I do, my fletchings continue to hit the retaining bar. It is installed on a 2010 PSE Stinger, using Victory arrows and yes, the arrows are spined correctly for my set-up

Any help available?
Thanks

Walt

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
When installed, did you attach the string 3" down from the rest on the downward buss cable? If its not 3" down, you will get contact.

If that's not your problem, hold your bow upright and look to see if your arrow looks even. You could have an exaggerated nock high and that will give you contact.

If that's not your problem, get a dremel tool and curve out the top bar as to allow more fletching clearance.

I bet that your problem is the first one. So many people get on the forums and do not know how to set up a drop away.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
spur said:
When installed, did you attach the string 3" down from the rest on the downward buss cable? If its not 3" down, you will get contact.

If that's not your problem, hold your bow upright and look to see if your arrow looks even. You could have an exaggerated nock high and that will give you contact.

If that's not your problem, get a dremel tool and curve out the top bar as to allow more fletching clearance.

I bet that your problem is the first one. So many people get on the forums and do not know how to set up a drop away.
on the few that i have set up they arent 3" down and dont have a problem at all, sounds like ur nock point is off

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
lug7110 said:
go with lower profile fletching or remove the retaining bar.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3" down is a general rule of thumb, however mine is not 3" down. If it were, it would go into shooting position halfway through the draw.

As far as using a dremel, no deal. I didnt get this dropaway to have to modify it just to have full retention. Worse case scenario, I will go back to the WB that I got talked out of using. I had no problems with that.

My nock point was off. The person at GM had it set at 1/8" low, not 1/8"-1/4" high.

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to shoot it this weekend, I will let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts