The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 9, Gen 19. I want to fit a holster for it. Does Cabela's (or any other outdoorsy type store), have any kind of policy that limits carrying a weapon into their store ? It certainly can be unloaded. I just want to try different holsters and choose what fits me best.

·
Registered
16,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hamburg ? Pffffft. I'm a Wheeling kinda guy. I got the "Wheeling Feeling".

I thought that out of over 35,000 registered members on this site, perhaps 1 or 2 may have done it or have knowledge about Cabela's and such a policy ?

·
Registered
16,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's what I do - I call the store and ask. Duh!! Why listen to joe schmoes answer.
.....because a 19 yr old summer help intern that's stocking shelves, in lovely Wheeling, already PO'ed cuz I broke hos stride while he's shelving shot-shells, will always give a straight up answer, right ? Why go on a hunting related website, that has over 35,000 registered users, many of which may have "been there done that", and ask them ? What a stupid notion on my part. Duh !

Thanks for the input.

·
Banned
540 Posts
The cabelas in Hamburg checks all guns at the door that are brought in to sell or trade.
But if you carry concealed with license is fine. Not sure what they would say about trying holster with weapon.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I bought a 9 in wheeling and they let me take it out to the holsters. But I also couldn't take it with me had to ship it to a license dealer in pa. I don't know what wv laws are but if you are allowed to carry in wv I don't see cabelas having a problem with it.

·
Registered
16,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for SOME of the replies guys. I do have a carry permit, and WV does reciprocate. What I'll do is unload, enter the store, and speak with one of the nice folks at the door pushing the Cabela's ad flyers how to proceed.

·
Registered
16,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not in tune with holsters in general, but the Alien Gear seemed to be made of poly material ? I would really like a soft material, such as vinyl, for more comfort in the shoulder style.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.