The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts pro/con re: Pyrodex R/S? A friend is getting out of the muzzleloader business and gave me a can/jar of this stuff. Am wondering if it's any good for in-line use.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
the crud ring comes from smashing the pellets, I learned that I only have to lightly seat the bullet and not jam it down in and now the crud ring doesnt start till I accidently forget and crush a pellet. get hotter primers if you have to jam the jag through to clean it, the powder will burn more consistant and that will help with the crud ring also.
also clean fequently and swab with bore butter.

oh im also new to muzzleloading so anything that ive found that helps my gun shoot better and stay cleaner may not mean anything to enthusiasts that have been doing it for years.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
My way of thinking, and using 777, in a hunting situation either inline or rifle, your first shot will be or should be out of a cold clean barrel. At the range I clean the inline after every shot, and I am getting excellent groups. I figure what ever works for for each of us, is all that matters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts