The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
good bit of open water last sunday.goin up this sunday with the cold temps may need a hammer to get out first 40 yards .but well see.

·
Registered
665 Posts
iced over sun but plowed to the causway,fished for bout 3 hours and nothing.water was 35 deg ,still got a ways to go.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Walleye can be caught during the day and some are caught during the night but the best is wading and casting a jig tipped with minnow up until just before dark and then switching to a rapala for an hour or so after dark. This is the best period in my experience. Drifting crawlers during the day can work pretty well early too. I found I could catch a good many fish just wading for the last few hours of daylight and I didn't need to mess with a boat which made it more easier for me. I lived beside the lower end of the lake for years. I have property there yet and really want to move back up there but money and the economy are holding me from getting it accomplished.

They can be caught at anytime obviously but this has been the hot period for me. Others methods and times may vary.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
No your better off fishing from the middle of the lake and the upper end, much easier to wade. South end of the lake is deep and the fish will be longer coming into the shalllows. I would guess that with the late winter we've had the shallow bite won't start for at least another 2-3 weeks. Forecast calls for rain and snow this week coming up, than the warm up starts. Then at least 2 weeks more for the water to warm up enough to get the eyes moving in shallow in any numbers. There was still some ice down by the dam the other day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts