The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my boys dropped out of my blind tomorrow due to college finals. Got one opening. Got to be legal and have a few more dekes. My other two boys get first shots, then you, then me.
Trying to restore my faith in humanity. dont let me down.

Vincentpa gets first dibs.

post if you can go.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Thanks but I really can't. I wish i could. I just started a new job at the end of October and don't have any spare vacation time. It's been slow up there. Maybe you'll get some fresh birds with this weather. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it's been slow. If it wasn't for my boys I would stay home and work

·
Registered
68 Posts
Its good to see someone put a nice offer up like this. Hope you're getting rewarded with a few big geese Mike.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
good luck, you're gonna need it !!! My son and I and his roommate drew a no show Monday....should have been a good day, foggy, misty,rain at times, and the first day after a 2 week shut down...we had 3 dozen full bodies that drew a look from a flock of 5 and that was about it....the front row scratched some down, and I think #19 and that was about it...every flock we saw knew how to play the game...I was really disappointed, but my sons roommate, who had been waterfowling in New York a few times was grinning from ear to ear...the few times he had been goose hunting before, he never even saw a goose...we saw thousands of ducks and geese, 40+ sandhill cranes, and at least one mature bald eagle...even though we got wet, sharing the blind with 2 young men getting to witness mother nature at her best is worth the trip....at 12:31, even after the 2 week layoff, it was like throwing a switch, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of geese in the air, every direction you looked....have fun, enjoy the boys while you can !!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
My buddy and his daughter and his brother and girlfriend were up the first day of bear season, they killed 3 canadas and a snow goose, him and his daugher killed geese that were banded. Keep the decoy spreads to a minimum I forget what blind they drew I think it was 19 or 13. They had 14 full bodies out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Shared the field with you today out of #4; hope you did better thanwe did. At least we saw some birds.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We were in #1. Saw a few ducks and geese out of range right after shooting light. then nothing. Blind #41 got 3 birds (bumped into them checking out)
A cold, bluebird day. Did see three eagles.
Teal, wished you would have said something. nice to meet someone else. tried to talk with a few guys heading to #33/34 in the parking lot, but they weren't too friendly.
Since no one took me up on the offer, we bugged out at 10am so the kids could get 1/2 a day in at school.

the real bummer is we also pulled a blind for this Monday

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
teal, did you hear all them turkey between you and us?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts