The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone fish spring crappie at pymatuning ? we start end of april fish till end of may , caught a lot of slabs last year , I cant wait was putting new line on the poles today , anyone else heading up there ?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Yep, We Fish Pyma in May and early June and yes those slab Crppies are quite tasty along with the Wally`s. We usually put in at Linesville and make the drift between Harris and Clark island around the stumps.........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
may 2 is the crappie contest on the lake , they always bring in some big slabs , always wanted to fish the contest just to many politics for me , iam looking at getting one of them slabs mounted this year , think it will make a nice mount

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
We fish a tourney the 1st wk end in June every year, 40.00 entry and they payout 1st & 2nd place, for Crappie, Bass, Walleye, Perch, Carp, Catfish, Bluegill, White Bass and Musky according to length, there are about 120 entry`s. The weigh-in is at the Linesville Sportsmen`s Club by the lake. We`ve cashed a few times in the last 5 yrs.
pabiggun300 said:
may 2 is the crappie contest on the lake , they always bring in some big slabs , always wanted to fish the contest just to many politics for me , iam looking at getting one of them slabs mounted this year , think it will make a nice mount

1 - 4 of 4 Posts