The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Marlin to the range yesterday to sight in the new scope. I replaced the airgun type scope that its had on it for years. Just felt I needed a slightly better scope. Spent all of $33.00 (including tax) for the Bushnell rimfire scope that's on it now. Its a 4X32mm fixed power. Bore sighted the scope out my back door before heading to the range. Only two inches off the bullseye at 50 yards. Had the thing zeroed within 6 shots. Moved target to 25 yards and proceeded to place 5 shots in a clover leaf that measured less than 1/2 and inch across. I can't complain about that. The squirrels had better watch out this season.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
I swear it doesn`t matter what scope you put on a Marlin .22, they shoot really well or better. I have always used $50 and under scopes on my Marlin .22`s and have taken many squirrels with them.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention, I was using CCI Mini-Mag hollow points in the gun. My favorite squirrel ammunition. Once shot to the head with one of these pills, and its all over for Mr. Squirrel.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
I use the same round except the 40 grain solid points, both are great!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts