The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have called a few turkeys in with them..In my opinion they are better then box calls..Most brands work you just need to go to a store that has several different makes and listen to each ones sound quality..

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had a couple and didnt like them... just cant put the right inflection into the sound for me.... but to each their own....

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have a Penn's Woods call, it clips to your gun barrel. I don't use it much, but it's great for someone who can't use a diaphragm call of if you want to throw a sound at them that they probably never heard before. I've gotten quite a few responses when I use it, especially if they are in close.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm a die hard box caller and diaphragm user. However, I sealed the deal on the last day of a season awhile ago with a push-button call. I never really liked the sound of the push-button-- but this particular gobbler did (and it was my biggest bird to date)

note: even if we don't like the sound-- the gobbler might

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have a Quaker Boy push button but really do not care for it. I would much rather use a mouth, box or pot call.

·
Registered
413 Posts
a push button is another weapon in the calling arsenal. it isn't just for beginners. it's a different sound, and as mentioned by uplander, might be just the sound he wants. if you can fit one in your vest, you should. i have killed plenty of birds with a push call. i prefer other calls, but there is nothing wrong with a push button.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I have a couple different ones, including one that will attach to the barrel of a shotgun. It helped "seal the deal" a couple years ago. One thing you can get out of a push button call - you can slide you hand behind your leg, back, or maybe even a tree, throwing the sound from a different direction. Sometimes I'll adjust the wire or apply a little top pressure on the rod to get the desired sound.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
steelerhead95 said:
a push button is another weapon in the calling arsenal. it isn't just for beginners. it's a different sound, and as mentioned by uplander, might be just the sound he wants. if you can fit one in your vest, you should. i have killed plenty of birds with a push call. i prefer other calls, but there is nothing wrong with a push button.

Yup..i got a push button, slate and box call in the vest. The push button is getting for cuts and purrs..the slate for yelps..and the box call for mid-morning calling to locate a lonely tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts