The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw that House Bill 1772 was just passed yesterday, You now can paint a Purple Stripe on trees/post to show you property is posted instead of putting up No Trespass signs.
The reason for the Purple paint is the signs degrade over time or get torn down.
To take effect in 60 days.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
..why wouldn't they just make it blue?...like other states.....

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
What shade of purple?
Plumb, Royal, light or dark?

Having attended the HPA Interior Decorator Institute I am now sensitive to the shades of colors, fabric selections and window treatment options. However, camouflage variations have not been effected.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I believe blue is used in the logging industry to mark trees for harvesting for lumber and firewood. so not to confuse the two between line marking and for cutting trees . I could be wrong. just a guess

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I wish they would have used a brighter color. I have no problem seeing yellow, orange, white posted signs but purple paint feels like it could blend in a little to easily. I do my darndest to stay on the land that is open to public hunting but people will still play dumb with the purple paint just as they do the posted signs.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any idea if there is a minimum size requirement for the paint marks?
Vertical line not less then 8 inch in length, not less then 1 inch wide, not less then 3 feet from the ground and not more then 5 feet above the ground,visible to the approaching person.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts