The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completed a hunt end of May 2016. Was placed in a stand at 5:00PM with feeder 50-yards away and told not to walk around as I would leave human scent. Stayed in the stand from 5:00PM until 6:30AM. Not a single hog came by and no tracks, not even old tracks. After sun up, walked over to the feeder, and it was EMPTY. No corn spread on the ground either. Called the "guide" who dropped me off and was told "they have people who fill the feeders during the day". He said "call the owner and let him know, I only take hunters to the stand". Called the owner, and was told "they should have filled up the feeder during the day, maybe they forgot". I said "things happen how about giving me another day to hunt with a full feeder at no charge". He said "no hunt is guaranteed, if you want to hunt again, it will be another $375.00". He would not budge. I understand Hunting is Hunting and nothing is guaranteed, however when a "guide" places you in front of an empty feeder and leaves never to return (had to walk 45-minutes back to the camp in the morning) this is a poorly managed hunting operation. Spoke with some locals at the country store/gas station and was told "that happens to every hunter. Sorry you were ripped off, we hear similar stories all the time. By the way, most the photos on their Web site are not from their property and the ones that are from their property are several years old". Save yourself $600.00 (hunting fee, out of state license, fuel, travel expenses,...) and find a reputable wild hog hunting place.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
this is a reason why this web site needs a specific forum from our members for recommended outfitters to use or stay away from.

A few moths ago, I posted a suggestion at the bottom of the page to no avail

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Thank you for sharing, I've been considering a hog hunt and that is one I'll definitely stay away from.

·
Registered
16,509 Posts
this is from their web site:

"Hunters will be hunting over bait sites which consist of an electric corn feeder and a sweet potato pile. We have trail cams at every bait site to monitor game movement, so your guide will know where the best bait site is for taking these wild hogs. We have high success rates and plenty of repeat hunters. Our guides go out of their way to ensure every hunter with the best hunting experience possible."

did you guys have the "sweet potato Pile"?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
quote, I thought that was what this forum was for

I think it could be better like game specif. say you want to go on a deer hunt you click on the deer recommended forum or icon that our members went to.

Or say I want to go on a prairie dog hunt next year I could click on that species and get leads for outfitters to contact. BTW Any suggestions would be great

A sub forum on outfitters to stay away from like the listed above would be awesome imo.

·
Registered
972 Posts
USMCNC,sorry to hear about your bad experience. We have been hunting with T and M hunting properties,which is also in Four Oaks NC. The owner,Matt,is an honest,down to earth guy,and he will do his best to put you on hogs.Lots of good hunting areas,with comfortable stands,good guides,lots of hogs!
Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was getting mad just reading about your experience!! You HAD to be fuming during that 45 minute walk back. I'm sure this doesn't help but at least it wasn't a HUGE $$ trip

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Had to be some legal repercussion. False advertising? Afraid I would've had some soap in my mouth after I got done chewing that arsch or some bloody knuckles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts