The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body running coon tonight? went out to check trap line with my 2 kids and calling the coon called one in came back to the house got the pup and the 8 year old back up for the pup... he didnt need back up coon grabbed him and he got really mad it is good to say pup got his first coon with no help if i knew how to put pic. up theyed be on here.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
how old is your pup???

the last thing i want is a youngun to get into it with a live coon....thats just me...

ive heard theories that "fighting a coon" and getting scratched and bit a few times makes them hate a coon and hunt even harder...

you run a GREAT risk of that dog never turning into a coon dog if it gets hurt by a coon..ive seen dogs run when they smell a coon because they got hurt by one as a pup...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for not getting back on here he is 7 months old i did shoot the coon to wound it before he got hold of it took him out last knight he was running and treeing with the old dog shot the coon out to him hes not scared of them im going try him by himself tonight

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took him out with the 9 month old they both done a great job they treed it for 1 hour shot the coon out n they both finished it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts