The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking my son out Saturday for his first hunt, he is 11. He will be using a Xbow I borrowed from a friend. I went and put my ground blind up this morning and brushed it in good. We will be watching a heavily used trail that is loaded with acorns. Big fresh
Scrape is being used nearby also. This is his first deer hunt and we are both very excited.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
Good luck to you both !!!!!! take a camera !!!!!

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Awesome. Weather is looking great for Saturday as well for a change.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
GOOD LUCK!!

We are hunting Friday and Saturday and it can't get here soon enough. Will have one of the boys on all hunts but Friday morning.

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
Good luck

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just got in from our morning hunt,beautiful cool fall morning. No deer were seen but we had a good time together watching squirrels and a woodpecker. The boy has a baseball game this afternoon then back to the blind for a evening sit.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Junior just got home. Went out this afternoon after my boys game, did not see a deer. It was the best time not seeing deer I ever had! How's your spots producing this year?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
ive been out one day. been too busy farming to hunt. havent stepped foot in PA woods. bought my MD license wednesday and shot a spike thursday with my muzzle loader. for a while i was seeing a lot of deer while i mowed hay, but lately its slowed down. ive seen a few bruisers down your way, one of them was lastnight when i parked the tractor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts