The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On tv to night they talked of wanting to ban rifles with clips that are able to fire hundreds of rounds in minutes. So with twenty 10 round clips you should be able to easily shoot 200 rounds in 5 minutes. You have to think like they do. This would take many remington and browning pumps from PA hunters.

·
Registered
19,984 Posts
The antis and the far left want many of our guns, not just "assault rifles".

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
extended mags maybe. but pumpguns themselves? i doubt it. as someone else already said, from my cold dead hands.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Ban on automatic weapons because they can cause the maximum amount of damage.

Criminals resort to semi-auto weapons to carry out their crimes. Result=ban on semi-auto weapons.

Semi-autos are banned. So criminals resort to the next most efficient weapon = pump-action.

All the liberals told us back in the campaign season that we were fear mongers concerning Obama's anti-gun stance. Guess we were baseless then too?

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Can't take away the Amish Machine Gun and the Pennsyltucky Typewriter, no WAY!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
A full on assualt on guns will lead to a full on assualt on those who would take them. Dont be afraid, they know this.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
It's been said by the prezzy that he wants controls (ban) on military "style" weapons.

One of standard military weapons from before WWI until after WWII was the "Trench Gun". This pump action shotgun was based on the Winchester 1897 and later the hammerless 1912.

If as the preezy says military "style" weapons are on the table, seems to me that the Remington 870 is also on the table.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
dpms said:
No dpms, they want ALL of your guns.

·
Registered
25,216 Posts
president kennedy was shot 3 times by a guy with a bolt action rifle in less than 4 seconds.

watch and see if "sniper rifles" are included in the upcoming ban, somebody will try it.

if they get it passed, there goes the deer rifles. better yet watch for the U.N. gun ban treaty to be signed, no problem to the U.S.

as long as the senate and congress doesnt ratify it....

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Yep, and I keep hearing all this drivel about guns with 30 round capacities and the ammo that is just so "deadly".

So what's next? Banning large, magnum caliber rifles because they are too powerful? With a large bore, magnum rifle and solid base bullets, you could literally shoot through 3 or 4 people with one shot. They are too dangerous and need to be taken away...

·
Registered
25,216 Posts
Trask,

they tried to ban high caliber rifles as "sniper rifles" a few years ago but it didnt work then but it just might now.

we also have to watch for the .50 caliber ban and see how its worded. a shotgun shoots a slug bigger than .50 caliber and banning a .50 caliber could take the muzzleloaders too.

it all comes down to how its worded, interpreted and then enforced...

·
Registered
25,913 Posts
Actually, most of them want every firearm out of the hands of our citizens. "Assault weapons" and handguns are merely their starting points.

Just read the posts here and on other sites, where many hunters are happy to "sacrifice" ARS and handguns, because "no one needs them", in the belief that if we give them ARs and handguns now, they'll somehow let our deer rifles and shotguns be in the future.

Some haven't been paying attention to the rhetoric of those anti-gun groups that've been around for years and what they really want.

·
Registered
25,216 Posts
the U.N. gun ban treaty specifically mentions "small Arms"
some say it will over ride the second amendment, some say it wont but i have read that Obama will sign it.

others say we have nothing to worry about unless congress and the senate ratify it.

the other worry with the upcoming "gun ban" will be a huge tax on guns and ammo making it hard to buy anything including basic hunting stuff.

tha tax will most likely pass because they will say it will benefit gunshot victims, but in reality i dont believe the victims will any of it.

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Once Obama appoints two new Supreme Court Justices in his second term, watch out for the 2nd amendment itself to be under attack.

Oh wait, that must just be my "paranoid fear mongering"...

I'm sure there were a bunch of yahoos before Clinton that got elected that insisted that he wouldn't be taking guns away or "banning" anything...ooops.

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Muzz said:
dpms said:
No dpms, they want ALL of your guns.

There was an article in the Ottawa Citizen recently regarding Premier Mcguinty's (sp?) order requiring a locked door policy for schools in Ontario. In the comment section that followed, even with the gun laws Canada has, there were still calls to place more restrictions on firearms. It never ends. There are people who want them all.

One comment made me laugh. "What do we need a locked door for? They have to go to the office for a pass!" Unfortunately, that is THE security level in many of our schools..obtain a pass.. from the office that in some cases is located in another part of the school from where a person enters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts