The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
All I can say is the sportman of Pa took a stand over the Harrisburg show but do nothing about other state losing their pump and semis. And when I comes to Pa. it will be no ones fault but our own.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
This proposal makes anything illegal that can be modified. Or, as they are focused...made to accept an illegal magazine. Bolt action rifles with a floor plate...??

In that mindset, any shotgun can be turned into a sawed off shotgun just as easy. Good grief! It used to be you actually had to have made the modification before being illegal. Not anymore in Colorado if this legislation is passed as worded.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Just how much do you think PA residents can do about other states legislatures passing law for that state? Colorado was a nice state until the 60s when all the hippies and yuppies moved in.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
30-06kid said:
All I can say is the sportman of Pa took a stand over the Harrisburg show but do nothing about other state losing their pump and semis. And when I comes to Pa. it will be no ones fault but our own.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
John S said:
Just how much do you think PA residents can do about other states legislatures passing law for that state? Colorado was a nice state until the 60s when all the hippies and yuppies moved in.
this. But make no mistake lines are being drawn and states are becoming either pro or anti gun we all need to stand up and make sure are reps know that PA is pro gun and pro 2nd amendment for us and our children.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John S said:
Ya John but we have far worse and larger numbers just here in our big cities. These people pushing these laws and making them, most do not even hunt or know a guns value in the woods. That is what worries me, and it seems PA. is fine with going for these gun law adjustments.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buckhunter said:
John S said:
this. But make no mistake lines are being drawn and states are becoming either pro or anti gun we all need to stand up and make sure are reps know that PA is pro gun and pro 2nd amendment for us and our children.
PAs big cities are what will kill us, it will be a 1 law accross the state deal, I sure hope not. My rep has sent me the same response as sent to others, which I feel she is more for the gun control. And the more the better.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Alpine Shooter said:
buckhunter said:
John S said:
PAs big cities are what will kill us, it will be a 1 law accross the state deal, I sure hope not. My rep has sent me the same response as sent to others, which I feel she is more for the gun control. And the more the better.
At least as far as state laws go, everyone is fairly represented.......the big cities have no more pull than the rest of the state when it comes to the state legislature........all of theses reps from the T part of the state best not vote for any new gun control measures if they would like to be re-elected........

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live 3 miles from mine. More hunters need to show up at the poles, is the problem, and we are still outnumbered by many women who are scared to send there kkids to school.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
John S said:
Imagine the impact it is going to have on their outfitters. I can't imagine the majority of their clients use single shot rifles for Elk, Mulies, Whitetails, Pronghorn and prairie dogs.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
John S said:
First and foremost support the NRA. If this Colorado logic isn't corrected before it becomes law, it becomes an element of the new normal. Pa will be under pressure to be made normal also.

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Curly Maple said:
John S said:
First and foremost support the NRA. If this Colorado logic isn't corrected before it becomes law, it becomes an element of the new normal. Pa will be under pressure to be made normal also.
Agreed. Being squashed between NY and MD doesn't help our cause either.

·
Registered
763 Posts
John I don't know why you don't think sportsman in Pa fighting for the rights in other state might help them But it would be known that Pa will NOT go down with out a fight.Once you let these kind of thing take hold there is no way to stop it.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Eventually, this liberal nonsense will prevail at the poles. That much you cant stop. What happens after something becomes law... well I dont know who said this, but:
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"

·
Registered
943 Posts
Amazing the laws Colorado will pass......but Jessica's Law isn't one of them. Seems they got their priorities a bit messed up out there. Might need to lite another splif and ponder it.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I don't believe PA citizens protesting Colorado laws will do a thing because we don't vote for thier politicians and they don't care what we think. Since the citizens of Colorado allowed the yuppies to over run the place and install like minded politicians, it appears they don't care either. You get the kind of political representation you deserve.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
You may not be able to get the ear of a politician in CO, but you can support the NRA which is actively organizing a defense to the best of their ability in CO, MD and other states.

BH

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Been a member for a long time.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I understand that we don't vote out there but in today age of the internet you don't have to live somewhere where you say you do. I live in Ingomar Pa or do I it could be Washinton D.C.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts