The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled all of my traps today. The footholds were burried under a foot of snow and the bottom edge sets were all plugged up with leaves and half were sprung. I kinda didn't want to pull the bottom edge sets but with a bunch of things going on over the weekend which includes meeting up with Greg Kohl to hand over my mink and coon for the February NAFA auction and having to travel to Lancaster for work on Monday, I decided call it quits for now. I'll start beaver trapping as soon as we have safe ice.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i pulled all mine also , have a few cables out and i'll be heading to the family property in chester next week to get some fox . i was thinking it will take a while to get safe ice , with the 6 inches of insulation on a 1/2 inch of ice i can't see it freezing to hard over the next few weeks . good thing for southeastern pa ,still fairly unfrozen ground down there

·
Registered
400 Posts
yep, bare ground here now in chester county. I did up a bunch of hay sets today, in anticipation for a couple inches of snow. We've been wet here past few days, farm lanes are just drying out.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I pulled all of mine too, with the exception of 2 cubby sets that I can drive close to.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts