The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Will be pulling the few sets I have out in places other than the home property and one property where no one else is allowed to hunt at tomorrow. Dont have many out yet due to this reason but will set hard after rifle season. Have alot of beds pre dug and anchors in and covered up so its mostly just bedding a trap with wax dirt/antifreeze and baiting/luring when the time comes. Will see how it goes with the late doe firearms season being extended to Berks this year. Most of my sets are on private property so dont expect much trouble but one never knows!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Good job bud. Still nothing set here yet. Was prepared and got sick. On the mend now. Looks like a post rifle season line if fully recovered by then.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice going Hern!
I set 2 550cL's in the backyard on the 23rd. I can check on way to our deerstands. It's finally starting to "freeze-dry" the ground with our weather. It's been a muddy mess for awhile now. Darn clay ground.
Ill be expanding after the first days of deer once the weather settles.
Supposed to stay cold for a bit.
The snow was covering the grass this morning, and it snowed all day ,but the wind howled as well and blew it all over.
I figure we got about 6" in southern erie county, after you figure in warm ground
and wind.
There's an almost black yote out back,
their partner, and some foxes that are
getting a little to close to the chicken coop....so i need to regulate.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The kids and I will probably just set for cats using dirty traps again. We’ve been hunting hard since October and I don’t see us slowing down any with tags left to fill.

it’s funny really. We haven’t boiled any traps in maybe 4 or 5 years and keep reusing them. I knock the dirt off them before hanging them up in the barn. Although we have been targeting only cats lately we still get the occasional K9s. I’m sure we’re getting some refusals but there hasn’t been one trap dug out and the cats don’t seem to care.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts