The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any breeders in the western half of PA that anyone can point me towards, I would like to talk to some to learn more about this breed.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Get a hold of Bob Farris at Cedar Woods kennel. From my research on the breed he is the Man. While he is far away, pups can be shipped or he can point you in the right direction for a pup in our area.

There are a couple good breeders in Ohio if you want to travel a bit.

·
Registered
289 Posts
bhairhoger said:
http://pudelpointer.org/Bruedersthal/BruedersthalHome.html

Give Bob Croner a call. I am pretty sure he has a couple litters coming up. We have trained together a lot the past two years and he has some nice dogs.
+1 Have known Bob a number of years. He is a great guy who will not only supply you with a well bred pudelpointer but will always be there when you need help.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have a Cedarwoods dog, and love him, but I'll third the Bob Croner suggestion, and he is right out there in your part of the state too. Good guy, good dogs. And I believe male pup of his made VC.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Gentlemen,
Both Croner and Farris have good dogs, go look at them and then decide. Both are great companion gun dogs that handle Grouse.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have two friends that have had them. The one I've hunted over most is a cedar woods dog and he's a very nice bird dog and one of the most endearing house dogs I've ever been around. The other dog was also an exceptionally nice house pet but his hunting career was cut very short by health issues. Don't know what kennel he was from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts