The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on the Allegheny National Forest in the Brookston area on Feb 4th. There are at least 2 130 class deer around for next year. The antler on the right is off a 4 year old 10 pt. He should be a real hoss this year with the easy winter. Never got any pics of the deer with the long tines.

The beams on the 2 large left side antlers are just over 21" long.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
NO WAY!!! CAN'T Be !! There are no deer in the ANF.
Nice find by the way. Things are lookin' good for next year.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I saw a nice 6 point yesterday close to my house still carrying bone. He was laying by a water hole, watching cars go buy.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Big Mike said:
Found these on the Allegheny National Forest in the Brookston area on Feb 4th....
Nice find! I was driving through that area late last Friday night, and I saw a big white snowshoe hare.

I went antler hunting yesterday, but all I found was the remains of a doe. Her skull was in good shape, so I brought it home.

Steve.

·
Registered
740 Posts
A friend near hit a coyote in Ohio on a ATV, and it had a large shed in its mouth. I look in the thickest places I can find I seen a very large buck probably 140" coyote hunting last night he walked right past seemed he knew things were quiet now.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
me and the boys were tramping our mountain spots this weekend and kicked out a herd with 15 in it and one was a nice racked buck. i haven't seen a herd that size in 20 years there. i'd sworn all the deer were gone last season but its good to see theres some left. now to see that big one next season. i love scouting this time of year.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Nice sheds, I wouldnt give any of those deer 4+ without cam evidence. I just dont see any mass.

·
Registered
857 Posts
i think ive seen that pic before! you better save some for me. i will be hitting the the woods hard as soon as the ise melts off the lake.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
jlh42581 said:
Nice sheds, I wouldnt give any of those deer 4+ without cam evidence. I just dont see any mass.
There's no doubt in my mind these deer could be 4 years if the OP says they are. If they are big woods deer they could be anywhere from 3-10 and still look the same from year to year with no added mass or length.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
exactly why I said without cam evidence, WOW

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
bigbear said:
jlh42581 said:
There's no doubt in my mind these deer could be 4 years if the OP says they are. If they are big woods deer they could be anywhere from 3-10 and still look the same from year to year with no added mass or length.
Are you serious? I have taken some nice racks in OH 130-140 where there are nothing but strip pits for miles...Just where they get the protein??? Even the fox squirrels are big. What they eat I don't know. I see the fox squirrels eating seeds from maples and berries from poison vines.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will post the 3 yrs of pics of the short tine buck when I locate them on my computer. I have never got pics of the long tine deer, but from the mass, I am huessing 3 yrs old.

Hey Beave, you should get some of your sheds out and take a pic of the collection, even all the roadkills! HaHa!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts