The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice comeback by PSU to beat a fierce Rutgers team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
Rutgers played a very inspired game. Shakey qb on their part.

PSU defense is looking good. Much better than last year.

Hack has now won 4 games in cardiac fashion. Two this year and two last year won in OT. For a 19 year old kid, he is solid when it counts. Lewis and Hamilton are looking very, very good. Disappointed in TE play so far. OL needs a lot of time to learn to work.

Overall, PSU is a very young team with a whole bunch of commits lining up.

Franklin is hitting it right on the mark on and off the field. A Vanderbilt fan mentioned that he really knows how to win the close ones. I really like the 2nd half adjustments being made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really! SZwinak (sp) has been a no show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,352 Posts
The Ginger Hammer is never going to work with this O-Line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
RonM said:
Is there a freshman linebacker named Troy Reeder or is he red shirted, anybody know......
Troy Reeder is on the roster as a Freshman with Freshman eligibility.

Franklin places the freshman into 3 groups. Those who will/have played, those who will not play unless injury or something else requires them to play, and those who will not play. I think they are green, yellow, and red shirts.

Reeder appears to be a yellow or red shirt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,307 Posts
He's a nice kid, I know him , his daddy played at Delaware and then played FB for the Steelers for a short time.His Grandpop and I were Troopers together, rode many midnight shifts with his pop pop..Didn't know what his status was, he was HS QB for awhile, then running back, won state ,Championship last year..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,132 Posts
Cool to see PSU at 3 and 0..........enjoy that while you can.........

Ron, hope your buddy's grandkid has a good career........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
RonM said:
He's a nice kid, I know him , his daddy played at Delaware and then played FB for the Steelers for a short time.His Grandpop and I were Troopers together, rode many midnight shifts with his pop pop..Didn't know what his status was, he was HS QB for awhile, then running back, won state ,Championship last year..
He should have a very interesting 4-5 years. Many good things are coming his way. I will keep an eye out for his progress. Good luck to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
bearhollow said:
RonM said:
Is there a freshman linebacker named Troy Reeder or is he red shirted, anybody know......
Troy Reeder is on the roster as a Freshman with Freshman eligibility.

Franklin places the freshman into 3 groups. Those who will/have played, those who will not play unless injury or something else requires them to play, and those who will not play. I think they are green, yellow, and red shirts.

Reeder appears to be a yellow or red shirt.
Just read this AM that Reeder has not played yet. But he is talked about in LB depth charts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52,307 Posts
He was a terrific running back in H.S. but I talked to him in Jan-Feb and he said he was recruited as a linebacker by the guy who is now coaching in Texas, name escapes me, but the kid really liked him...Is his # listed in the program, so I can look for it when I watch them...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
RonM said:
He was a terrific running back in H.S. but I talked to him in Jan-Feb and he said he was recruited as a linebacker by the guy who is now coaching in Texas, name escapes me, but the kid really liked him...Is his # listed in the program, so I can look for it when I watch them...
He wears #44.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
bearhollow said:
RonM said:
He was a terrific running back in H.S. but I talked to him in Jan-Feb and he said he was recruited as a linebacker by the guy who is now coaching in Texas, name escapes me, but the kid really liked him...Is his # listed in the program, so I can look for it when I watch them...
He wears #44.
Reeder is listed as the #3 middle linebacker on the most current depth chart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,145 Posts
Taking my girlfriend on Saturday. Neither of us have been "home" (we're both alumni) to State College in at least a decade.

Anything we need to know, see, do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
Adam said:
Taking my girlfriend on Saturday. Neither of us have been "home" (we're both alumni) to State College in at least a decade.

Anything we need to know, see, do?
It will be much different than you probably remember. I was on campus today and it was as good as it gets. Best time of year to be on campus. Sat looks to be a perfect football sat.

Check out the new ice arena. It is fantastic.

There are a couple of brew pubs, Otto's (n. atherton near I99) and Happy Valley Brewing Company (east college avenue at the Lemont interchange).

Above all, have a good time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,145 Posts
Oh we will I'm sure!

Thanks for the advice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
bearhollow said:
bearhollow said:
RonM said:
He was a terrific running back in H.S. but I talked to him in Jan-Feb and he said he was recruited as a linebacker by the guy who is now coaching in Texas, name escapes me, but the kid really liked him...Is his # listed in the program, so I can look for it when I watch them...
He wears #44.
Reeder is listed as the #3 middle linebacker on the most current depth chart.
Ron, this spring Reeder has changed his number from #44 to #42. There is a lot of buzz about him and his LB role this season.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top