·
Registered
7,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEAH BOY!!!!! WE ARE....PENN STATE!!!

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Was a great game, that blocked field goal was a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Great game to watch......and is exactly why I like collage football as opposed to pro ball. Hard to top the emotion, excitement, highs and lows.....that all happened in the final minutes and 4 OT's......

·
6,450 Posts
greenstang232 said:
That was one of the best football games I have ever watched. What a hard fought win on PSUs part.
were we watching the same game? PSU should have lost that game 5 or 6 times. they couldn't stop the pass they were very lucky to win. oh well better lucky than good. BTW I am a PSU fan.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
The game I watched a true freshman QB was responsible for beating the team where their 5th year kicker had numerous opportunities to put it away. IS that the game you watched?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Great Homecoming weekend.

Went to the first game at Pegula Friday evening, then part of the white out Saturday evening. Hung out with a bunch of guys I haven't seen in years and got to celebrate a 10 point comeback in the 4th quarter that included an 18 year old freshman quarterback driving his team 80 yards in about 35 seconds with the game on the line. Of course, having Allen Robinson as a wide reciever helps alot. lol

Yes, Michigan had many opportunities to win the game, but, so did Penn State. At the end, Penn State found a way to win and that is what matters.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Must not have watched the same game. I saw one where psu jumped out to an 11 point lead. Then lost the lead and were down by 10 in the 4th quarter and at gut check time fought their way back to send it into OT.

·
6,450 Posts
greenstang232 said:
Must not have watched the same game. I saw one where psu jumped out to an 11 point lead. Then lost the lead and were down by 10 in the 4th quarter and at gut check time fought their way back to send it into OT.
I guess exiting game means great game sorry....just wasn't well played on either end.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
treestand91 said:
greenstang232 said:
I guess exiting game means great game sorry....just wasn't well played on either end.
Agreed. Sloppy game for sure.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I call it a win against a top 20 team. I call it one of the best college football atmosphere's in the game.

Mich had three players who performed on offense: Gardner (who accounted for 361 of their total yards), Fuchess (112 yards receiving, 59 on one play), and Gallon (95 yards receiving on 7 catches, 25 on one play). That was the entire Mich offense. The PSU defense gave up a couple of big plays and Gardner's rushes were mostly scrambles and QB draws. That was expected. Mich had 13 more minutes of possession. Their field goal kicker choked (credit the home field).

Belton had 85 yards rushing on 27 carries and he made them when he had to. Three receivers had 5 or more catches for more than 64 yards each. PSU one more total yards than Mich. with 6 more plays (remember TOP numbers). Hack 305 yards passing (longest 36 yards).

If anyone cannot appreciate the last 60 seconds of regulation, you either don't know football, don't like football, or just don't like PSU.

Doesn't matter because PSU still won on the field, beat a good team on national TV, in a great atmosphere, showed poise when it counted with nerves and guts.

It was an instant classic and I am glad I was there to see it. It was not the same game on TV.

BTW: PSU won with 61 scholarship players, a lot of them very inexperienced at that level.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I believe that's called college football , and that's what makes it so exciting to watch.....

The high's and low's for both teams for the last 6 minutes of the game, and all 4 OT's were great to watch. From the great catch that set up the tying TD, to the PSU fumble in OT, when everyone thought the game was over.....then the missed FG.........ETC...ETC.

Very fun to watch, great game. Not saying everyone on both teams executed every play to perfection, but it doesn't take that to make a great, exciting game to watch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts