The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That "coach" may be waiting a while.

There is certainly a lot of smoke regarding this story.

http://www.google.com/search?q=urban+mey...lient=firefox-a

Although there is some good indications being mentioned, I would like to see another sourced report besides this one.

"An Internet blog called SportsRappUp, run by longtime Ohio State beat writer Jeff Rapp, features an extensive story detailing where Meyer might coach next. Meyer, by the way, will be doing color commentary for ABC during Penn State's game today against Iowa."

Today should be interesting. Unless Meyer forcefully denies the story there may be something here. The way the story is breaking, it is a plausible outcome. Other related info: Meyer was seen having dinner at a restaurant formerly frequented by Joe when there are many better places to have dinner. There was a home sale reported this morning listing a Mike Mc. in an area where he lives. He may have bought another house or he already is making departure plans.

All speculation, but for now fun to think about.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he did coach at PSU, I think it would be for longer than his daughter plays volleyball at OSU.

He has yet (that I've seen) issued any denials of the story and he certainly has the forum to do so. There was not one mention of the story or a denial on the two hour ESPN game day. Spanier did issue a lame denial but I would expect that from him. The day Tressel resigned, Meyer issued a denial the same day.

Again, this may be wishful thinking but if true, there could be renewed relevance in PSU football.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BuckRub00 said:
I wouldnt read much into it, his daughter plays volleyball there.
Just looked at the OSU woman's volleyball roster. No Meyer on the roster. According to wikipedia, he has two daughters playing volleyball, neither at OSU.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be a smokescreen. How many times has a coach say right before he bolts that he is happy where he is and couldn't have a better job. I wouldn't expect any official announcement before the end of the regular season or after a bowl game. Nothing wrong with getting the ducks lined time to get a quick transition before letter of intent day.

I also believe Joe would not do anything to but the focus on him and away from his team. I also believe Joe will be involved in selecting a new coach.

May all all be wishful thinking, but there will be a day when something will happen. And there has been a lot of little things happening since last summer that make me think there is something to this.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure hope it doesn't come to that. If he went room temp during a game, it might put a damper on the atmosphere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts