The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my bow stolen the last day of early archery, I finally broke down and bought a new bow. 2010 PSE Stinger. This is the first new bow I have bought in 20 years of archery hunting since all my others were handed down or bought used.

My question is , Is it common for strings to untwist a little when you first start shooting it? In about 30 shots my stings untwisted about 3 revolutions and I am hoping it is just stretching. Is this common? and has anyone heard of any bad things from this bow or is it a pretty decent bow?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
it is common on less expensive bows and bow packages to have a less than optimal bow string and bow string twist. ie. bowstring was made at a certain length and was only twisted to what was needed. your bowstring should have been cut longer with optimal twists to meet proper string performance and tuning. that is not always the case. also the untwisting probably due to the fact that it is a less expensive string with alot of stretch. the best thing to do is go and have have the string replaced with a good string or just have your original string twisted to a proper tune. either way, your bow still needs to be tuned

i would personlly switch to a better string so that it will be long enough to accept the proper amount of twist.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts