The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase my first crossbow. I like the PSE Fang and wanted to get some input from anyone that has one. Also, what bolts would you recommend to use? Thanks in advance for all the advice!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
I bought one last fall as my 1st crossbow. Harvested a doe at 28 yards on my first hunt and an 8 point at 41 yards on my next hunt. Both were complete pass through one shot harvests using NAP 2 blade mechanicals on 20" bolts. I will upgrade to a better quiver this fall. Planning on having the granddaughter use it for Spring Gobbler as at 14 years old she shoots it extremely well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,647 Posts
I would contact Arrowhead who is a sponsor here.He sets em up with improved optics and bolts for a good price.I was gonna buy one but want to go all American not imported.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,255 Posts
I have one. They shouldnt have supplied bolts with it as they are junk. I bought Victory bolts.
Upgrade the scope ASAP if your hunting deer. I rarely use for deer, its a yard toy for me. Its the best deal out there. No issues with mine after 2-400 shots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,908 Posts
I have tested one to over 1,000 shots and another of my friends has put another 200-400 shots on it. They are a very solid value for the money spent. I would throw the factory scope away, as they refuse to focus and the scope tube is made of plastic. I sell an upgraded package with a $90 scope and four custom arrows for $369. That's a $114 value for $20 extra. I only have a few of these scope left and when they are gone the price will go up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,647 Posts
A very well upgrade indeed but wouldn,t it just be better to spend a couple more bucks and get a much better bow like Wicked Ridge?I see one(The Warrior or the Invader)for $399 all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,908 Posts
good ole boy said:
A very well upgrade indeed but wouldn,t it just be better to spend a couple more bucks and get a much better bow like Wicked Ridge?I see one(The Warrior or the Invader)for $399 all the time.
That is true. However, if I were going to spend the money for a Wicked Ridge Invader then I would probably save a bit more and go with the Ten Point Titan SS. At $599 it's tough to beat and it got a serious upgrade this year. The Wicked Ridge Warrior is comparable in price to the Fang, but lacks all the features of the Fang. The Fang has more speed, is quieter, is more compact and they weigh about the same. The Wicked Ridge has a better warranty. It's a tough call for a buyer I'm sure. Best thing is shoot both and see which one feels the best and which one you prefer. For me the choice is easy, the Fang won hands down. While I doubt the Fang will live as long a life as the Wicked Ridge, the pro's outweigh the cons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,360 Posts
arrowhead said:
good ole boy said:
A very well upgrade indeed but wouldn,t it just be better to spend a couple more bucks and get a much better bow like Wicked Ridge?I see one(The Warrior or the Invader)for $399 all the time.
That is true. However, if I were going to spend the money for a Wicked Ridge Invader then I would probably save a bit more and go with the Ten Point Titan SS. At $599 it's tough to beat and it got a serious upgrade this year. The Wicked Ridge Warrior is comparable in price to the Fang, but lacks all the features of the Fang. The Fang has more speed, is quieter, is more compact and they weigh about the same. The Wicked Ridge has a better warranty. It's a tough call for a buyer I'm sure. Best thing is shoot both and see which one feels the best and which one you prefer. For me the choice is easy, the Fang won hands down. While I doubt the Fang will live as long a life as the Wicked Ridge, the pro's outweigh the cons.
Well if you are going to get a Titan SS then it might be better to spend a few more bucks and get a Tenpoint Turbo GT. Of course if you keep doing that you will be spending $1,500 to $2,000 for a top of the line bow. LOL.

It is nice to see the manufactures doing some very nice up grades to the low and mid level priced bows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,255 Posts
that right there is a great deal!

I'll add that the Fang comes with everything right outta the box. Cocking string, quiver,arrows.

arrowhead said:
I sell an upgraded package with a $90 scope and four custom arrows for $369. That's a $114 value for $20 extra. I only have a few of these scope left and when they are gone the price will go up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,360 Posts
good ole boy said:
Yeah but what good are all of those extras if they are junk cause that,s what everybody says.
Yes but Arrowhead is making it a quality package from what he posted above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,255 Posts
gets ya started wo spending extra cash. Nobody includes a rope (i think) thats fine. Arrows are usable for messing around. Quiver works.
the others in that range dont have string stoppers, are larger, and slower. I've loaned my out to a bunch of people and they all like it.

Thats all I meant. No brand loyalty here, just stating what I found. lol

good ole boy said:
Yeah but what good are all of those extras if they are junk cause that,s what everybody says.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
I'm giving thought to moving on from my Terminator 175 for the sake of size, looking for something lighter and more compact without sacrificing speed in the 340-350 fps range. I'd like to stay under $400 and have given thought to both the Fang and Barnett Brotherhood. What is the warranty on the Fang vs Brotherhood?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top