The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a PSE Prophecy about a year ago. Great shooting bow but I've been having an isssue with it that I can't figure out. When I just about get to full draw the wheel at the top of the bow makes this "clunk, clunk, clunk" noise. Its not loud enough to scare deer at 20 yards but is enough that I hear it. Any idea's on what's wrong? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Try a bit of lubricant spray (WD 40 or a silicone spray). Wipe off any excess. Draw the bow a few times to see if this helps. I use this on any bow I use. Things get dry or dirty sometimes (axles, bushings, cable slide etc.). Best of luck.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Sounds like possible bearings in the cams to me....they can and do go bad over years of use. It could also be they just need greased, I would use a lithium grease (heavier lubricant than WD-40). Also may want to grease your limb bolts thoroughly as well. Every year or two I will tear bow down, and grease everything up again to ensure maintenance. Limb bolts can also get "Screechy" if they are dry and the limbs are starting to bend further as you draw. I would bet it's one of those two. Easy fix.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
If you send the bow to PSE, your not gonna see it for a while. Find a PSE pro shop and have them look at it if your going that route. PSE Turnaround is terrible at times. Even with that, I still love their equipment...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts