The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

PSE A\R-15 Crossbow platform

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Sethwood 
#1 ·
Just curious and wondering if anyone had read the article in last months NRA Rifleman's magazine about PSE's crossbow that mounts on any (well....that's what they said) A\R-15 lower end?

From what I read this crossbow top end piece was certianly pricey at around $1,300 (I dunno if that's what dealers are actually getting for them) and then it stated you "must" shoot the PSE arrows (I can't recall if they called them bolts....I think they called them arrows).

But, they did state they were getting a little over 400fps in velocity from the arrow and it wasn't a light-weight arrow...again if memory serves me right.

Anyway, has anyone seen one of these, or shot one or have any comments about them?

SW

#3 ·
They are selling very few. Cost is prohibitive for most and they are very long. The user must also use PSE arrows specific to the TAC series.

I have heard they are top quality but few hunt with them.

#8 ·
The fact is both compounds and crossbows are capable of outstanding 100 yard accuracy. It is up to the shooters of each to determine their maximum effective range while also considering the environment around them.

#10 ·
Well, "Long, Heavy, and Expensive" certainly got my attention.

There are a lot of crossbows made that those 3 words aren't normally associated with. Maybe since this is PSE's first intro into this type of model, we will see better refinements in the future, along with less cost.

I guess time and the market place will tell.

SW

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.