The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Pryor

4K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  corey22 
#1 ·
If selected in the draft, word is Goodell has suspended him for the first 5 games. How does he figure he can suspend a guy who isn't even in the NFL, and did nothing illegal. Next thing you know, he'll be suspending Matt Cooke.

#6 ·
BigBuckDown said:
I don't agree with Pryor's eligibiliity into NFL but if Goodell is going to let him in the supplemental draft he should do that with no circumstances Goodell shouldn't be able to suspend him for NCAA violations.
It's just the league flexing it's muscles. They're pretending to make an example out of Pryor witout really hurting the kid. They are "concerned" this will open the floodgates with "kids" leaving school early - via the hardship rule.

#23 ·
steelerfan58 said:
A 6'6 safety? Seriously? With a guy who probably hasn't played defense since 8th grade? He'll be a Randle El, if he's smart. If he insists on being a QB, he'll be Kordella Stewart.
He played safety all through H.S. and was quite good at it. His D just got overshadowed by the number of points they were putting up. I still don't see him playing D in the pros though.
Actually

#24 ·
kudu58 said:
steelerfan58 said:
A 6'6 safety? Seriously? With a guy who probably hasn't played defense since 8th grade? He'll be a Randle El, if he's smart. If he insists on being a QB, he'll be Kordella Stewart.
He played safety all through H.S. and was quite good at it. His D just got overshadowed by the number of points they were putting up. I still don't see him playing D in the pros though.
Actually
Very true

The Raiders say they are going to play him at QB because what other choice do they really have? Boller, Campbell, Edwards, and some other guy. Pryor has never played and may be better then all of them. That said, he is no starting QB in the NFL. I would like to see him move positions so that maybe he can experience some success.

#25 ·
Heck, when he played my old high school in the state finals, he ran for a TD, passed for a TD, caught a TD, kicked extra points (I believe or it felt like it), sold coffee at the conscession stand, help seat old people, etc, etc. The youngster did it all and was a man among boys. Still glad Ohio State "won" the Pryor Lottery. It woulda been a sin for him to wear the blue and white. Keystonepaul

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.