The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If selected in the draft, word is Goodell has suspended him for the first 5 games. How does he figure he can suspend a guy who isn't even in the NFL, and did nothing illegal. Next thing you know, he'll be suspending Matt Cooke.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
but yeah really, Goodell has no business suspending anybody for practices that NFL players routinely partake in.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I don't agree with Pryor's eligibiliity into NFL but if Goodell is going to let him in the supplemental draft he should do that with no circumstances Goodell shouldn't be able to suspend him for NCAA violations.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
BigBuckDown said:
I don't agree with Pryor's eligibiliity into NFL but if Goodell is going to let him in the supplemental draft he should do that with no circumstances Goodell shouldn't be able to suspend him for NCAA violations.
It's just the league flexing it's muscles. They're pretending to make an example out of Pryor witout really hurting the kid. They are "concerned" this will open the floodgates with "kids" leaving school early - via the hardship rule.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I liked the one someone questioned how long Pete Carrol was suspended when he left USC amid allegations to take over the head coaching job at Seattle.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
You know, if Goodell was the dictator of a country, he would have long since been asassinated or, at very least, overthrown. The guy totally makes it up as he goes along!

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
If selected in the draft, word is Goodell has suspended him for the first 5 games. How does he figure he can suspend a guy who isn't even in the NFL, and did nothing illegal. Next thing you know, he'll be suspending Matt Cooke.
He's looking into that.

·
Registered
968 Posts
ESPN is reporting that Coach Tressel was at Pryor's Pro day today. Pryor was the main reason for Tressel's downfall at OSU. I can't believe he would come to the pro day.....I wonder if Pryor promised him a signed NFL jersey if he gets drafted and signed.....

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd bid a fourth rounder for him, nothing more. IF he'd agree to play wide receiver.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Raiders, 3rd round. What a surprise. Now the Raiders don't have a 2,3, or 4th round pick next year. Way to go Al.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
PossumBackstrap said:
Raiders, 3rd round. What a surprise. Now the Raiders don't have a 2,3, or 4th round pick next year. Way to go Al.
Seems like a good fit, about as far away from here as possible, with condolences to Raiders fans.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He has the talent to make this a brilliant move--but it will backfire, like most Raider personnel moves.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before he trades an autographed jersey for a new tattoo?

·
4,245 Posts
bearhollow said:
He will be catching more passes then he will complete!
I think the opposite, I think he'll be defending more passes then he will complete.

I see Safety in his future.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Backwoods said:
bearhollow said:
He will be catching more passes then he will complete!
I think the opposite, I think he'll be defending more passes then he will complete.

I see Safety in his future.
Not really the opposite, if he is any good at safety he should still be catching more passes than completing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts