The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good set of ratcheting pruners for helping clear shooting lanes and paths to tree stands? I hunt private land so it's okay for me to trim small twigs, branches, etc. I've had a few that weren't to stellar and would break after little use if I tried to cut twigs the size of my pinky finger.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have an all steel pair of bypass pruners I bought at BPS years ago. They have orange handles and can be taken apart for sharpening. Not ratcheting though.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Here is what I have been using for years and it works great. I have a Silky Pocketboy and I carry a small roll of tape in my pack. I cut a small sapling or dead branch whatever length I need and tape my silky to the end. I can cut branches from the ground or pull the sapling up the tree I am hunting, trim some distant limbs untape my saw and lower the sapling to the ground with a loose knot drop the sapling on the ground and hunt. Never have to carry a long bulky saw.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Hittingguru said:
Fiskars extendable pruning stick. Ball park $45.00- reaches out to 12 feet. greatest tool I've had for pruning shooting lanes.
I have something similar that I got from Tractor Supply or Home Depot. Can't remember but I think it was similar in price. Works great.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I use the EZ cuts I got at the outdoor show.

Lifetime warranty! and good people to deal with have 3 paiors of them. I dropped a green pair in the fall a few yrs ago, found them in the spring all rusted up, took them to the outdoor show and swapped them free of charge for some high vis pink ones.

Keep a set on the tractor, a pair in the tree stand hanging kit, and 1 in my fanny pack for the woods; very happy with them

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fiskars Extendable Pruning Stick and Wicked Ridge's longest folding pole saw not cheap but they will last a lifetime

1 - 12 of 12 Posts