The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a very proud hubby. My wife is 7.5 months pregnant and still getting it done. My brother in law and I have been working out tails off trying to get a bird in front of her all season. Morning started out hopeful. Heard 4 or 5 birds on the roost but they went silent after fly down. Sat there till 9.
Anyone that has been to this stage of pregnancy with their significant other knows that ladies can get uncomfortable very easily and have to use the restroom a lot. So at 9 we decided to switch spots and stop at camp for a pit stop.
Decided to go to another blind and sit till around noon just calling every so often. Got out of the truck to start walking and a gobbler hammers right where the blind would be. We sneak as close to the field as we dare and throw up the decoys. Wife sits beside me and brother in law back up about 10 yards. I start calling back and forth with my brother in law and this bad boy and his hen came running. She dropped him at about 20 yards.
4 beards

Spurs
3/4 and 7/8

20 lbs

Attachments

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
19,581 Posts
Great looking late season bird. Congrats to all involved.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Awesome. Good times in the woods with your significant other. My 58 year old wife spends lots of time in the turkey woods too. Here’s to many more for you two. Best wishes for your pending bundle of joy.

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Awesome, congrats to both of you!

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
Nice bird congrats!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Awesome. That’s the third 4 bearded bird a member has shot this year, correct?

Guess they’re not all that rare after all! Lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Awesome. That’s the third 4 bearded bird a member has shot this year, correct?

Guess they’re not all that rare after all! Lol
Quite an unusual amount of Multi Bearded birds in general this year as I feel like I have seen more than a regular amount of double bearded birds posted in here and I swear there was at least one with (3). Seems to be the year....just not for me lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts