The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HARES (SNOWSHOE RABBITS) OR VARYING HARES: Dec. 26–Jan. 1, in all WMUs except WMUs 3B, 3C and 3D, where season will run from Dec. 26-28 (1 daily, 2 possession).

I hope it snows like it did this year, next year. I wanna hear the tales...

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I am glad I live in the western part of PA, where we have a good population of hare and a 6 day season...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Smoke'n Mack said:
HARES (SNOWSHOE RABBITS) OR VARYING HARES: Dec. 26–Jan. 1, in all WMUs except WMUs 3B, 3C and 3D, where season will run from Dec. 26-28 (1 daily, 2 possession).

I still don't understand 'possession'....so I can shoot 1 a day...how can I possess 2???

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
jamesh said:
Smoke'n Mack said:

I still don't understand 'possession'....so I can shoot 1 a day...how can I possess 2???
If you go to camp for three days to hunt, you have to eat one before you shoot a third. I am not sure but I don't think you can have them processed and frozen either. They have to be consumed. I am not a lawyer. lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy Purnell said:
jamesh said:
Smoke'n Mack said:

If you go to camp for three days to hunt, you have to eat one before you shoot a third. I am not sure but I don't think you can have them processed and frozen either. They have to be consumed. I am not a lawyer. lol
I wish you were my lawyer Andy, We'd win every trial after you beat the judge with your pipe and fake ankle!! LOL. But yes, I am pretty sure that's how it works. 2 a season, unless one "disappears", then you can shoot another.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Had nothing to do with pgc in actuality they wanted to close the season again. They just had their season and game bags meeting. Jim katchko of the PBGA was able to speak at 4 pm during the meeting and they asked him what he really wanted for the hare season that they wanted to close again. He proposed to give back a hare season for the east. They settled on proposal of at least a three days season of thur to sat. It will not fully be approved until April.

The commissioners had said prior to and during the meeting that they were inclined to amend the
hare season proposal for 2013-2014 to once again close hare season in the eastern WMUs.
After my turn to speak was finished, Commissioner Jay Delaney asked me, “What do you want
[for hare season]?”

“A 3-day season in the eastern WMUs. Since Christmas 2013 is on a Wednesday, give us
Thursday – Saturday,” I said.

The seasons and bag limits will not be finalized until the April meeting of the Board, but on behalf
of the PBGA, we are very grateful the Commissioners heard the association’s requests and
responded favorably to them

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I honestly don't get that, nor do I care, but what if I went and asked for 3 weeks, or a month? That doesn't make much sense to me.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It holds a little more weight coming from the PBGA because they know it's coming from a large group of sportsmen, and they GC and PBGA have worked together on other topics before. Like extending the season till the end of february and the youth season.

·
Banned
313 Posts
I actually never realized how many laws and bag limits/season the PBGA had a part of until I attended my first meeting as a delegate. To be honest I don't think 95% of the people know either. I would have never thought an organization would have so much pull with the game commission.

They are also currently pushing for it to be 100% illegal to shoot a dog running any off game no matter the circumstances. With very harsh consequences if someone would.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts