The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday we were at our cabin and the carbon monoxide detector went off. After opening all the windows, through a process of elimination we figured out that the propane refrigerator was the issue. About 5 years ago, shortly after we bought the cabin, I took it to an RV repair store to have it looked over, checked that it worked properly and the man said he cleaned the lines. I haven’t done anything to it since. We always have the loft window open for exhaust to get out, and this is the first time this has ever happened to us. We did notice an exhaust smell that we usually don’t have shortly before the carbon monoxide detector went off. Is there any maintenance that I should be doing to help prevent this? There is a long brush attached to the refrigerator that I believe is for the exhaust line, am I supposed to be running that through the exhaust line occasionally? I am so thankful we had the detector and that we test it every time we are at the cabin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
We had a similar issue a few years back with our propane refrigerator. It was debris on the screen where the pilot is located. Basically we removed the cover on the back of the refrigerator where the pilot flame is located and cleaned off the screen. We have a consul brand refrigerator and it also came with a brush for cleaning out the exhaust tube.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had a similar issue a few years back with our propane refrigerator. It was debris on the screen where the pilot is located. Basically we removed the cover on the back of the refrigerator where the pilot flame is located and cleaned off the screen. We have a consul brand refrigerator and it also came with a brush for cleaning out the exhaust tube.
Thanks for that information. I’ll check that out.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top