The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I purchased the camp in July I contacted AmeriGas (previous owners supplier). They came out in August and did their safety check. Prior to bear season I called them and told them I need my 2 100lb tanks filled. Time goes by and many calls to them and they never come out to fill the tanks. I was told they would fill the tanks last week, but they didnt. They called me today to tell me they won't be coming out because of the snow... No kidding... I said that's why I called you a month ago. They won't go up untill the snow is gone and the roads to camp doesn't get plowed. Other then switching suppliers... how can I get run camp? Everything runs off those tanks... oven, gas lights, and upstairs heater. Is there anyway I could take up a little 20lb tank and put at least 20lbs in the tank. Any ideas and help is appreciated.
Thanks...

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is why we have our own tanks. We have two 100# tanks hooked up and one as a spare. That way whenever one tank gets empty we can switch it out and get the empty filled. It's much better then having to rely on somebody else to do it.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
You should be able to fill a couple 20# tanks, and use them to get you by....... you should be able to hook right into the 20# tanks, no need to transfer to the 100#

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Take the tanks to Dremel oil in North Bend, they will fill them. A bag dolly helps if you are moving them by yourself.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
You can hook up the small ones. Depending on if the big ones are hooked up in tandem, your small one may flow into a larger one first, but it still works. It pays to invest in a 30 or 40 pounder, keep it filled inside the camp, then you are never without, and the 30 and 40lb are still small enough to hoss around.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I would think so, a 100 lb tank is a 100 pound tank, as long as you own the tank, I don't think it matters who name is on them.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We use Kessinger Propane for our camp in the Sproul. Everyone might want to try and call:

Kessinger Propane: Bill is the owner operator.
1-570-962-3027

Good Luck... Tooth

·
Registered
Ravin R9
7,496 Posts
Look into suburban and look into getting a bigger tank.
We use to run off 2 100 lb tanks then switched to a 500 gallon tank.
Costly to fill but we reorder at 40 percent capacity which leaves us with plenty of fuel if such a delay with delivery comes up.
One other thing there is usually a tank rental charge for one that size.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i'd bite the bullet and buy my own 100# tanks and tell amerigas to come and get theirs. i had the same problem years ago with a 500# tank that i couldn't get bedford valley petroleum to come and fill. i ran on 20#'s for a year and then converted to electric and wood and told them to come get the 500# tank. took them months and they tore my yard up good getting it out.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
FWIW, the only appliance I run on LP is my stove, but I only use about 6 gallons of propane a year, so a 20# tank might actually go pretty far for you, seeing as you arent running stuff constantly.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.