The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I purchased the camp in July I contacted AmeriGas (previous owners supplier). They came out in August and did their safety check. Prior to bear season I called them and told them I need my 2 100lb tanks filled. Time goes by and many calls to them and they never come out to fill the tanks. I was told they would fill the tanks last week, but they didnt. They called me today to tell me they won't be coming out because of the snow... No kidding... I said that's why I called you a month ago. They won't go up untill the snow is gone and the roads to camp doesn't get plowed. Other then switching suppliers... how can I get run camp? Everything runs off those tanks... oven, gas lights, and upstairs heater. Is there anyway I could take up a little 20lb tank and put at least 20lbs in the tank. Any ideas and help is appreciated.
Thanks...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Have you looked at Suburban?
I have heard similar complaints about Amerigas.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's who I will be going to next. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow, but I doubt they'll go up there now since there is snow.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is why we have our own tanks. We have two 100# tanks hooked up and one as a spare. That way whenever one tank gets empty we can switch it out and get the empty filled. It's much better then having to rely on somebody else to do it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't see any reason why you couldn't take a 20# tank out and hook it up. I know our regulator is low pressure so we could put a 20# or 30# tank on it and would be good to go.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
You should be able to fill a couple 20# tanks, and use them to get you by....... you should be able to hook right into the 20# tanks, no need to transfer to the 100#

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How so the ends of the line is different from a 100 tank (male) and 20lb tank is female?

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Take the tanks to Dremel oil in North Bend, they will fill them. A bag dolly helps if you are moving them by yourself.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
You can hook up the small ones. Depending on if the big ones are hooked up in tandem, your small one may flow into a larger one first, but it still works. It pays to invest in a 30 or 40 pounder, keep it filled inside the camp, then you are never without, and the 30 and 40lb are still small enough to hoss around.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I would think so, a 100 lb tank is a 100 pound tank, as long as you own the tank, I don't think it matters who name is on them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You can buy 100 lbs tanks at tractor supply and have them fill at any propane filling station,then it's on you to keep them full not someone else.They cost around $100 each maybe less.Cost around $80-$90 to fill.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
thats why i take my tanks myself to get filled its cheaper an i know they are filled when i need them and yes a 20lb tank will work

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We use Kessinger Propane for our camp in the Sproul. Everyone might want to try and call:

Kessinger Propane: Bill is the owner operator.
1-570-962-3027

Good Luck... Tooth

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
6,210 Posts
Look into suburban and look into getting a bigger tank.
We use to run off 2 100 lb tanks then switched to a 500 gallon tank.
Costly to fill but we reorder at 40 percent capacity which leaves us with plenty of fuel if such a delay with delivery comes up.
One other thing there is usually a tank rental charge for one that size.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i'd bite the bullet and buy my own 100# tanks and tell amerigas to come and get theirs. i had the same problem years ago with a 500# tank that i couldn't get bedford valley petroleum to come and fill. i ran on 20#'s for a year and then converted to electric and wood and told them to come get the 500# tank. took them months and they tore my yard up good getting it out.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
FWIW, the only appliance I run on LP is my stove, but I only use about 6 gallons of propane a year, so a 20# tank might actually go pretty far for you, seeing as you arent running stuff constantly.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts