The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a friend dismantle a boat with a 140 Mercruiser I/O. The prop is stainless and in real nice shape. I would need to know the dia and pitch to help put a value on it to sell. I have been all over the prop and the only numbers I can find are: 48-73982A4P. I could not find the usual Dia X pitch numbers anywhere. Anyone know how I can find out what I have here?

·
Registered
136 Posts
That appears to be an NLA Mercury prop#. In any case, it should be a 13.75" dia x 21" pitch based on what I could discover. The correct number should read 48-73982-A4-21P.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dart. I was going on what my friend told me and didn't see the prop first hand yet. Any idea of what that might be worth?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Realistically expect $75-ish on a site like Ebay. As far as Iwas able to learn, it is not a particularly performance-oriented prop.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good. I may just try to sell the entire package of the motor, outdrive and prop, if I feel i can get any takers.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got to look at the prop and it has the exact numbers you posted, fishdart. I'm going to try to sell the entire Mercrusier rig first, before I try to sell just the prop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts