The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tc encore and two barrels, a muzzle loader and a 270 win. I have changed these barrels at least 10 times in the past but this year I cleaned it up after muzzle loader season and tried to put the 270 barrel back on and the hinge pin will not fit. I cannot get it to start into the barrel lug it goes through the receiver hole but will not start into the barrel, I tried putting the muzzle loader barrel back on that I just took off but its the same thing. can these pins somehow get larger ? I have a new pin on the way. has anyone else ever had this type of problem ? I measured it and it was 2 1000's bigger on one end.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have 5 T/C encores and multiple barrels. This has happened to me before and I have had to insert the pin from the opposite direction. The pins are made to be tight and everything must line up. There could be a burr but I think you would have noticed it before on the other barrel . Emery paper will work but I wouldn't go crazy. Try to insert the pin from a different direction, this should work. If you do need any technical advice go on line to Ea brown , they carry anything you need for Encore's , and can answer most questions.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Quick tip for you Encore owners. If you insert a small rubber oring between the sock and the barrel with the screws running through the stock retention screws you can adjust the tension against the barrel and tune it for better accuracy. Took mine from a 2 inch gun to under 1inch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts