The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Horton HD175, Team Realtree bow. Tonight while in my stand I noticed what looked like a crumpled up piece of thin plastic behind the cables, in the channel where the cables slide thru the front of the stock. When I got home I took a closer look and it appears that there is a thin piece plastic (friction slide) glued to the top of the channel where the cable slides against. This has pulled off at the front and from the cable sliding back when I cock the bow, it caused it to crumple behind the cable. Was pulled it back to get it out of the way of the cable.
Any ideas of what to do? Is this going to be a factory fix or something a shop could fix? If I put on a little lube, like vasaline on the top surface can I get by with it for the season?? I can see that it's probably been like this for a little while as the camo is worn off where the cable rubs...

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
Place a phone call to Lancaster Archery and see if they can give you some advise / suggestions over the phone. I would rely on the input from a pro-shop.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope to call someplace, maybe even Horton, tomorrow. Of course right as the ruts hitting...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..!! I called Horton. They don't make that tape piece anymore, but have a slide that clips onto your cables. Their sending me one, free..!! Horton has always been really helpful when I've needed something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts