The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Tenpoint Turbo II package. I've shot a Horton for years, but needed the accudraw because of physical limitations. Yesterday, I started shooting the new bow and got weird grouping. Bow is shooting right about 2" at 20 yards and left about 3" at 30yds. I'm shooting Tenpoint aluminum shafts with ommni nock and 100 grain tips. Anybody?

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Are your groupings good, but just point of impact is off? If it is it sounds like either you are canting your bow when you shoot or your scope is not mounted level. Make sure the crosshairs line up and down like they should.

If you aren't getting good groupings then also check all bolts/screws on the bow and on the scope to check for tightness. Most problems with groupings are usually this problem.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
cspot said:
If it is it sounds like either you are canting your bow when you shoot or your scope is not mounted level. Make sure the crosshairs line up and down like they should.
I'm thinking this is your problem as well. Check also to see that your scope rings are properly in the grooves of your scope base.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Groups are good-just screwy. I'll check the scope mounts in the morning. I need to find a source for carbon bolts with the ommni nocks. Also need to find lighted Ommni nocks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Over the years I have found three different potential issues with my Tenpoint.

1 - Scope mount moves on the dovetail.
2 - Screw that holds the limbs to the stock can loosen.
3 - Two screws that mount the trigger mechanism to the barrel can loosen.

First two typically cause variation only in up and down. Third will cause wild variability and was a hard one to diagnose. All 3 can be solved with Loc-tite.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Grantman said:
Thanks for the help. Groups are good-just screwy. I'll check the scope mounts in the morning. I need to find a source for carbon bolts with the ommni nocks. Also need to find lighted Ommni nocks.
TenPoint is in the process of making lighted omni nocks. I'm guessing they won't be available until after the season though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. Scope ring screws were loose. Limb bolts are tight, but I'm still trying to figure out wrench size for the recessed trigger screws. Trigger in just so-so, has lots of creep. Talked to CS at Tenpoint today. No lighted Ommni nocks until October. What were they thinking?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I read on Archery Talk where a Ten Point rep said that Ten Point will start shipping lighted Omni nocks installed on the Pro Elite and Pro V22 arrows starting Sept 30. The lighted nocks themselves are supposed th o ship sometime afterward but there was no word as to when.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
You can pre-order TP arrows with Omni nocks at Wyvern Creations right now, ship at end of Sep. He said they will also have just the lighted Omni nocks soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts